10 Reasons to Start your Day with Lemon Water
Lemons are both cleansing and healing. A lemon is rich in calcium, potassium, vitamin C and pectin fiber. All good stuff. Convince yourself to try drinking a cup of lemon water every day for a week. Read on…
1. Lemon water increases your liver function and aids your liver in detoxification. A healthy liver is definitely a good thing.
2. It has powerful antioxidants that fight free radicals, which keeps your skin looking fresh. The Vitamin C helps in the production of collagen which helps fight wrinkles. More youthful skin anyone?
3. Vitamin C also helps to boost your immune system. No one wants to end up with the common cold and flu.
4. It helps you to keep a higher PH level. Studies show that disease thrives in acidic bodies. Not something we want. Stay alkaline. Lemon helps!
5. Lemons contain pectin fiber which aids in digestion, colon health, is antibacterial and fights hunger cravings. It keeps you feeling full, longer. Great, right?
6. It can increase your energy without the crash of caffeine.
7. It helps relieve pain and inflammation in the joints and knees.
8. You’ll feel more alert; the potassium helps nourish the brain and nerve cells. Maybe making you more productive?
9. It can replenish your body salts after strenuous exercise. Don’t want it in the morning? Add a slice a lemon to your water bottle after your next workout! Taste good, right?
10. And on a personal note, warm lemon water makes me feel relaxed, energized and ready to start my day (Yes, even when trying to get 2 screaming toddlers out the door!!).
*Direct contact with lemons can ruin the enamel on your teeth (nor does it taste very good) – so just dilute it!
Try it! You might like it too. ☺ And don’t forget to let me know what you think!
To your Amazing Health,